DCDayTripper

Saturday, July 22, 2006

7/22/06 ~ Boat Trip Bummer

On the Rio: Steel Pulse: Earth Crisis.


















I was Shang-hai’d. The ferry trip was so boring. And I got a headache from the boat fumes and smog and industrial waste along the river. Definitely not worth it just to see the Yangtze River entrance where the East China Sea meets the Yellow Sea. There are so many ships and boats. I felt as if I had been dropped into a game of Battleship.

We passed under the Yangpu Bridge, which is the 3rd third largest cable-stayed bridge in the world. A cable-stayed bridge is a modern and increasingly effective variant on the suspension bridge, in which the cables are anchored in the tower, rather than at the end. It is 7658 metres (8375 yards). We also passed the main train yard linking all goods from China to the sea, as well as the main ship building yard.















The World Expo is coming to Shanghai in 2010, and there is a clock counting down the days.

Not sure what my adventure will be tomorrow.

I’ll spend the evening working on my 3D jigsaw puzzle of kites that I started yesterday.