DCDayTripper

Monday, November 26, 2012

26 Nov 2012 ~ Sunset Cocktail Cruise

Listening to:   Eric Clapton ~ Help Me Up


I didn't just lounge on the beach in Langkawi...I did venture out for a sunset cocktail cruise on the Andaman Sea.

The hotel van dropped me off to meet up with other tourists from various hotels.

No, this was not the cruise ship.



We went out on the orange boat. It's owned by a French couple. (Who later commented that they get extremely few Americans, so I was an oddity...or a gem in the rough...depends on how you want to look at it I guess).


I snagged one of the Thai beds up front.


It was a perfect afternoon for being on the water.

The highlight for me was that they unravelled a large net off the back of the boat and we could go out and just float. I did this for about an hour (the boat wasn't moving) and they were nice enough to toss down cans of beer to those "netting".



Just in time for the sunset, besides unlimited drinks, we were served a very nice buffet of shrimp, grilled chicken satay, cucumber/carrot salads, and a orange sponge cake for dessert.
















As an added bonus, in the other direction we had a full moon rising.


I didn't recognize very many songs they were playing, but out of the blue I was humming along to  "Smoke On The Water" by Deep Purple. Now that's a flashback!

Yes, a quite enjoyable rendezvous.


More Happy Toes!