DCDayTripper

Sunday, February 10, 2013

10 Feb 2013 ~ Travel to India

Listening to: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds ~ Push The Sky Away


I'm not in Napa anymore (although I still have more pictures to share, they are not on this laptop).

I arrived at 2am in Bangalore India.

The trip itinerary took my from San Francisco to Frankfort, Germany. Total flying time = 11 hours.

I got some sleep on the plane, so felt ok during my 3 hour layover. I spent the time in the airline lounge, so helped myself to some champagne (to help me sleep on the next flight) and a very typical German meal: sausage, soft pretzel (both with mustard of course), Potato Salad (the Munich variety) and a big pickle.

What a difference flying to Europe than flying to Asia. First, my blond-ish hair didn't stand out. There were cuckoo clocks instead of buddhas at the shops.

When we landed, I noticed snow! I haven't seen snow in 2 years (except on the news), so I tried to take a few pictures of it on the tarmac (yes, I realize the snow was melted at this point)...


and through this window. (It's the specs of white in case you couldn't tell.)



The flight from Frankfort to Bangalore was only another 8 hours. The champagne did help me sleep through most of this flight also. I fell asleep to the movie "Taken2".

Getting through immigration took forever. And the ride to the hotel was another hour. I didn't see anything, obviously, during the drive. But the roads all seem to be under construction.

I am staying at an Aloft Hotel which is part of the Starwood chain. Funky carpets and lighting covers.



I finally crawled into bed around 5am. It felt soooo good to lie down. And I slept until 2:30 this afternoon.