DCDayTripper

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

11 June 2013 ~ Swarm of Bees & Lazy River Days

Listening to:  Aly Tadros ~ Sweet on Me

The other day I noticed a very large swarm of bees buzzing around the tree outside my house.

Here's a video of them.

http://youtu.be/s0Y16A6J360

While I was taking this video, my mailman came by, so I pointed out the swarm. He asked if I was going to notify the city...hmmm...no, why would I do that? He thought they were interested in the plum tree.



 My friend Marshall (who I worked with in HK) had a birthday recently at his vacation home in Guerneville in the Russian River Valley (famous for it's wine). It's just shy of a 2 hour drive north.  Before heading to his house I stopped at the Russian River access point. Everyone was enjoying the lazy summer day.


It brought back memories of when I was around 12 or 13 and my friend Patti and I had a raft and we were able to float down the creek in my grandparents woods.

Looks like this guy could use some counter-weight.