DCDayTripper

Thursday, October 03, 2013

3 October 2013 ~ The Connaught

Listening to: Furthur ~ Eyes of the World (Greek Theater, Berkeley, 9/27/2013)


What a great concert weekend by Furthur at the Greek!! So much fun seeing my friends and hearing great music.

Especially since I left for New Zealand the day after the 3 show run. I arrived yesterday in Auckland and will be here for 2 months.

The customer I am working with got me a serviced apartment near the downtown.

There were several American Cup New Zealander's on my flight here and tomorrow is a big welcome home for them. Not sure if I can get to the festivities, but will try.

Anyways, here are a couple quick pictures of my apartment. (I still have photos from the London trip and Napa trip to share, just need time to get caught up.)


 Lots of windows and trees (which you will see when I take a daytime photo.)


 Casual bedroom, but at least they provided me with clothes hangers!


At 328 metres, the Sky Tower is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and offers breathtaking views for up to 80 kilometres in every direction.

 
And of course I had to try a New Zealand wine, and this label caught my attention. It's very tasty.