DCDayTripper

Thursday, May 31, 2007

3/31/2007 ~ Guilin: Elephant Hill

On the Rio: Marcy Playground ~ Ancient Walls of Flowers



Today was my last day of work at Yum China. They kept me busy up until the last moment. Not too many sad moments today, but tomorrow night will be my farewell dinner/party. Some team-mates are already joking that I will need a glass to catch all the tears.


It's hard to fathom I've been here 11 months. Thanks to all of you for staying with me and reading my blog. It has meant a lot to know I have friends and family out there in cyberspace.



Another place I went in Guilin was Elephant Hill Park. The park is situated near the confluence of the Taohua (Peach Blossom) River and Li River. At the entrance to the park is a slab depicting the traditional symbol and modern symbol for the word elephant.









The highlight is the natural formation resembling a huge elephant drinking water from the Li River.


There are "elephants" in the river to entertain the boaters having lunch.


As well as decorating the bridge.

I also got to try a new beer in Guilin: LiQuan.