DCDayTripper

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hong Kong Day 1

Listening to:
Hot Tuna (Accoustic) ~ Fillmore, SF ~ 12-07-2000
I arrived in Hong Kong last night and had my first day of work today. My co-workers took me out for Dim Sum. Then I bought a local cell phone, a Samsung Galaxy SII. Preparing to teach an onboarding class next week.
There were a few glitches the last 2 days before I left. On Thursday I had to take my bird to the vet as she will need to take a preventative medication for 45 days and also be in quarentine for 21 days. Thanks to my friend for all the help in making that a reality! Then on Friday the luggage company's service did not pick up my luggage, so at 6pm a private courier had to come to take it to Oakland airport. I also had to run to the local currency exchange to buy HK dollars. But in the end, it all worked out.
I am living at the Shama apartments in Causeway Bay. Below is a picture. Also, a view of the Times Square buiding, which is where the office is located. It includes a mall, and a grocery store, and reminds me a lot of Shanghai. On Wednesday the apt building will be giving me a 'hood tour so I can become familiar with my area, and hopefully thursday I will be looking for my own apartment.