DCDayTripper

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

8 May 2012 ~ Lying Low

Listening to: Skye chirp

All my travels have concluded with me being sick again.  Severely congested head, swollen glands, sore throat. After 4 days of this I decided I had to go to the doctor who put me on an antibiotic.

I blame the guy sitting next to me on the flight to Kuala Lumpur who was sniffling the entire flight and I almost got up to give a roll of toilet paper to so he could blow his nose. I also blame the extreme heat outside and constant blowing of air conditioning inside.

I may just have to start wearing a mask when I fly.

The experience at the doctors office was great, however. I went to Quality HealthCare Medical Services, a cross between Urgent Care and a High-End Doctors Office.

Once I showed my resident card and insurance card and provided my phone number, it only took 3 before I was asked to wait outside door #1 for the doctor.

I again only waited about 3 minutes (I could not even finish the game bubble breaker on my phone) before the doctor called me in. Asked general questions, got right down to the symptoms, diagnosis made and prescription written.

My antibiotics, cough medicine and throat lozenges were ready in about 7 minutes. No paperwork or payment required and I was on my way back at home and asleep soon after that. Hope to feel better soon and post more.

Get well soon!: 早日康复
Pronounced: zaori kangfu