DCDayTripper

Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Nov 2012 ~ Skye's Going Away Party

Listening to:  The Crystal Method ~ She's My Pusher (Vegas)


I had a Happy Hour in honor of Skye's moving back to the US. Some co-workers came over for drinks and I made some appetizers. Skye was shy at first, but soon came out of her box and wowed the guests. She almost tipped over my manager's wine glass by flying to the rim of it...although she's never done that with me before. She's just a rowdy party bird after all, showing off in front of people.



This is the modified crate she flies in.  I put in her favorite toys (an empty toilet paper roll and some wooden kebab sticks), a towel on the floor. To eat, she got a millet sprig, bowl of seeds, and half an apple.



She left Hong Kong on Thursday morning and arrived in Los Angeles on Thursday morning. Got the first report the USDA vet says she is very healthy after her trip. As I'm writing this she's on a road trip to the quarantine facility in San Diego and will be there for 30 days. The driver reports she is happily chirping during the car ride.