DCDayTripper

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

12 Feb 2013 ~ Pool Day

Listening to: Doobie Brothers ~ It Keeps You Runnin'

The hotel I'm staying at is near the office I am going to for training, but it's in an IT Park, and although my colleague said I could walk to some shops, I'm not feeling that adventurous (and I didn't really see anything going to the office).

So on Sunday afternoon I hung out at the swimming pool.


The temperature is perfect....high 80s with no humidity. [When I went to the pool on Monday in the sun the temperature said 109, but it didn't feel hot at all. Luckily I only stayed in the sun a short time, but even then I got tan lines.)

I finished the book Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. Kept me guessing to the end and a good airplane/poolside suspense novel.

I was getting thirsty from all the sun, so went to grab a beer at the XYZ bar, and practiced up on pool playing. Notice how empty the hotel is.


I am in the Workday 9-Ball Pool Tournament - both singles and doubles. Unfortunately I've already been knocked out of the doubles league in round 2. The rounds are best of 5 and both rounds we ended up going to 5 games and down to the last ball.

I haven't started the singles tournament yet, so hopefully this practice time will benefit me.

Back in my room I have a great night view of the pool. Oh! I just realized my reflection is in the mirror.