DCDayTripper

Monday, June 17, 2013

17 June 2013 ~ Holiday Inn, Helsinki

Listening to: King Crimson ~ Three of a Perfect Pair

At somewhat short notice, I was offered the opportunity to assist a customer in Helsinki Finland, so off I flew.

Had a layover in Frankfort, so enjoyed the typical German lunch at the Club Lounge: Munich-style potato salad, sausage, pretzel and beer.


The flight from San Francisco to Frankfort was 10 hours, and then a quick 2.5 hour flight to Helsinki. I'm staying at the Airport Holiday Inn, only 5 minutes by free shuttle.


The room is nice, but the large pictures of people are kind of strange.
 
 
 
They are in the dressing room as well. 
 
 

At least this is a nice scenic picture.



 Here is the view from my hotel room...at 10pm!! There are only about 4 hours of darkness now because we are in the week of Summer Solstice.


A second view from my room.



For dinner in the hotel restaurant I had pheasant and potatoes with roasted vegetables.