DCDayTripper

Friday, December 20, 2013

20 December 2013 ~ Mid-West Visit

Listening to: B.B. King ~ Dangerous Mood


I was barely back from NZ and recovered from the Thanksgiving meal when I needed to head off to Cincinnati for work.

Of course, it was the week of the blizzard, but luckily my flights were not impacted all week.

I stayed at a hotel in Blue Ash, and to/from the airport I passed the Cincinnati Reds stadium. It brought back memories of when my family and my Louisville co-workers/friends went their for a baseball game. We showed them how to tail-gate the Wisconsin way!

I went out to dinner with some customer co-workers to the Montgomery Inn for ribs. I had the combo which included roast duck. Delicious!



The sunset leaving the Cincinnati (CVG) airport caught my eye from across the waiting area, and I got this shot.



Since I was "in the neighborhood" I went to Beaver Dam to visit my Dad on his 86th birthday, and then had lunch the next day with his wife and my great-niece. The waitress was camera-challenged...all 3 photos she took were blurry. Oh well, we were smiling!