DCDayTripper

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

16 December 2014 ~ Stellenbosch

Listening to:  David Gray ~ Silver Lining

The purpose of the sidecar trip was to have a fun and safe way to go wine-tasting in the wine region known as Stellenbosch.

On the way to our first winery I rode in the back seat so I was not able to take pictures. And, something happened to my camera...it got over heated...and all the pictures I took were extremely overexposed. That was ok really, as none of liked the taste of the wines we had there, except perhaps the first glass of champagne.

I rode in the sidecar from there to the next stop. Here is a short video clip leaving. You may want to turn down the volume as there is some wind noise.

http://youtu.be/Yl10ygh3qgo

Overall the scenery is stunning. Similar to Napa/Sonoma except the mountains are higher.



Our guides were flexible on where we went, so our next stop was Delaire Graff Winery

Here we are going up the driveway.

http://youtu.be/f8SEO-10pWc

What a lovely spot! We were greeted with many statues, but this was the first African-style art in my opinion.


The wine barrels were nicely showcased.


Of course we had lunch. I do not know what the foamy stuff is (puree of mushroom???) but I ate it. Mostly it tasted like air. The main part is risotto balls on top of peas and leeks.


Everyone is enjoying their meal.


I tried a port for after dinner. Nice auburn color.


 A perfect way to end the meal and head to our next destination.