DCDayTripper

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

12 May 2015 ~ Naples, Italy

Listening to:  Jackson 5 ~ ABC

The last weekend before leaving London I traveled to Naples, Italy for a short holiday weekend.

I stayed at the Grand San Lucia hotel across from the Castel dell'Ovo, or Egg Castle. The castle's name comes from a legend about the Roman poet Virgil, who had a reputation in medieval times as a great sorcerer and predictor of the future. In the legend, Virgil put a magical egg into the foundations to support the fortifications. Had this egg been broken, the castle would have been destroyed and a series of disastrous events would have involved the city of Naples.


Had dinner at one of the restaurants, and tried a rose wine.


Picture perfect.


The grilled octopus salad was very delicious.


As was the mozzarella and prosciutto. I did eat pizza 3 times (once per day) but I didn't take any pictures for some reason.


Here is the view of the castle and harbor from my hotel room.