DCDayTripper

Friday, September 15, 2006

9/16/06 ~ Wo bu dong

On the Rio: Van Morrison ~ I've Been Working, 9/9/1971, Sacramento, CA

我不了解 (wo bu dong) translates into English as "I don't understand".

This has proven to be the most useful phrase. I've been trying to use the Mandarin words I do know (which is about 7), even if I think it's right, no one seems to understand what I'm saying.

I bought the Mandarin Rosetta Stone language set, and hopefully that will help with my pronunciation.

There are a lot of preparations going on for the Olympics. Here is one (of many) mascots that are popping up around the city.

I bought a silk scarf last weekend and was given a different mascot as a charm.

I'm trying to decide what to do this last weekend in Shanghai before I return to the U.S.A. for my brief visit. My options are: Okterbest, an International Tourism festival, the Jade Buddha Temple, or a Chinese acrobat show.

Place your bets and check back to see if your guess was right. (I wish I had one of those Corbin intranet polls so you could help me decide.)