DCDayTripper

Monday, October 30, 2006

10/30/06 ~ No Daylight Savings Time in China

On the Rio: Rolling Stones ~ Tumbling Dice

I know that all of you are probably having a hard time adjusting to the new time (try changing 12 time zones sometime!) but just so you know, China does not change clocks, so I am now 13 hours ahead of the east coast, 14 from central time and 16 from the west coast.

This weekend I was able to watch the live webcasts from the 2-day Vegoose concert in Las Vegas. I watched the Black Crows, Rhythm Devils and Phil & Trey...It was almost better than being there! Hope all in attendance had a grand time.

Here is a mosaiculture of the South China Tiger. Also called the Xiaman Tiger, it is the anscestor of all other species of ancient tigers, and is designated as one of the most 10 endangered species in the world. This exhibit is a reminder to cherish what is still in possession in our earth -- our mutual homeland.


We also had our NBA fantasy basketball draft this weekend. My team name is the Shanghai China Cats. I drafted Yao Ming and Gilbert Arenas to stay true to my "home team". I am told that most Rockets games will be on tv here. Opening day is October 31st.