DCDayTripper

Friday, October 13, 2006

10/13/06 ~ TGIF

On the Rio: Bob Marley & the Wailers ~ Sugar Sugar

I'm ready to be a tourist again. This week was hectic, getting over jet lag, back into the swing of work, and still fighting off this cough/cold.

My plan for tomorrow is to go out and about to play with my camera. I went to buy an extra camera battery tonight after work. I was unable to get one in the US before I left because they are on back order. They are hard to come by here as well, but they sold me one out of the display box. Unfortunately, the prices are identical to the US, even after bargaining. Who'd have thunk it, considering they are made in Asia.

I went out to dinner this week at Di Shui Dong, an authentic Hunan cuisine restaurant, that is frequented by a lot of locals. It was delicious! We had General Tsao Chicken, spicy ribs, brocolli, and hot peppers. I will go back there again.

Tonight for dinner I had bought some frozen vegetable spring rolls and came home to cook them. They were pretty good. I love the kitchen.

Here are some day time pictures taken from my balcony. I'm playing with the settings and the zoom. And thanks, Deep, for explaining the photo compression so I'm able to post the pictures.

This is the playground view.


This is the street I take to work. They are building a second metro line. The building on the left is the Gateway Mall. (This is below the lighted building that I work in I posted the other day). There is no escaping construction.

With a close-up of the KFC at the end of the street. This is the only KFC I've eaten at (and then only twice with the team). The zoom lens is great! And no, I am not using it to look into my neighbors apartments.

I'm even able to zoom into the church that was across from my hotel.

Hope all of you are staying warm as fall and snow approaches in some areas. The weather here is still in the mid-70s and no humidity. But that will change by about 20 degrees at the end of the month.

Oh, I saw an X-treme t-shirt today. The logo was "Pick A Straw".