DCDayTripper

Sunday, December 10, 2006

12/10/2006 ~ Randomness

On the Rio: Rolling Stones ~ 2000 Light Years From Home

Spanish Proverb ~ A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
I have some pictures that I haven't previously posted. I have to go out of town this week for work (to Harbin and Shenyang, China), so I won't be posting again until next weekend.

Here is a fruit I came across in Hongcun (the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon city). My guide described them as a "grape".

Unripened on the tree...

Ripened on the tree...

Ready to be eaten...


These are sesame stalks drying in a courtyard...

Here is another fruit from Simatai (Great Wall). At first I thought it was the same as above, but my guide said the inside was similar to an apricot or peach. (Can you see the moon in the sky?)A bird was feasting...


Here is a KFC driving from Tokyo to Mt. Fuji.

And this is a very tasty soft drink I tried in Tokyo. It takes almost like a Sprite, but more grapefruit, but not as sour as a 50/50 or Squirt.