DCDayTripper

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

1/24/2007 ~ Shanghai Sights

On the Rio: The Beatles ~ Glass Onion

I went to Huaihai Park on Sunday afternoon. I was looking for the sculpture center that has a Rodin exhibit, but I couldn't find it.

The park was quite busy. Lots of folks playing card games, badminton, doing tai chi, or using the "exercise equipment".

The trees even have coats on, its gotten so cold here.

There was an area full of bird cages, I'd estimate almost 25 (no, I'm not exaggerating). Some were covered with blue or white blankets.Some were open and the birds were chirping away.


On my return home, I decided to take a few more pictures of my neighborhood, Xujiahui (pronounced 'shoe-jah-way'). This is the bus stop.

This shows the bike and moped lane, although at this time of day it wasn't nearly as busy as usual. The first Best Buy in all of China opened this month. I have not yet been inside.
The decorations for Chinese New Year are starting to appear everywhere. The red "lantern" is quite typical.