DCDayTripper

Saturday, February 25, 2012

25 Feb 2012 ~ Rugby

Listening to: Creed~ Torn (My Own Prison)

Had my second Whiskey Appreciation class focused on Single Scotch from various regions.

We tasted:

1. Glenlivent 12 Years (Speyside)
2. Dalmore 12 Years (Highlands & Islands)
3. Springbank 10 Years (Campletown)
4. Bowmore 12 Years (Islay)


I originally voted as my favorite the Campeltown, but after waiting for about 40 minutes and going back to the Dalmore, had to change my vote. The caramel flavor really came out and was quite tasty.

Heading home, I decided to stop off for a beer at a local pub, The Wheel.

Here's the view from inside, after I order a pint of Carlsburg.


A rugby tournament was on....they are always on here...so I had numerous flashbacks to playing Women's Rugby at Lawrence. How funny that I was the Right Prop, Laurie Kruse was the Left Prop and Pheobe was our Hooker!!

I am one of the few Americans in Hong Kong who actually can recite positions and rules of game.

Being the line judge for the Appleton Men's League was much more fun. I didn't get injured (as LeRoy did by having his shoulder dislocated) and yet I got to participate in all the beer drinking festivities post-game-time.  I only got the cartilages injury after being kicked in the face, and after being taken to the emergency room, was told I would forever have the clicking noise when I opened my jaw. Yeah....