DCDayTripper

Thursday, May 10, 2012

10 May 2012 ~ Khao Yai National Park

Listening to: Ken Boothe ~ Red Red Wine (UB40s Jukebox)


I am still not feeling better, but I did go to work everyday. So I thought I'd catch up on the blog while waiting for my yogurt soup to boil.

While in Thailand we did a day trip to Khao Yai National Park. This may sound familiar to those of you who read my earlier blogs as I've visited there before.



But it is so beautiful and big, so definitely worth a second trip.

Our goal was to find a waterfall, which the park is known for, but it is not the rainy season, and it proved to be difficult.

Along the way we came across wildlife and wild mushrooms.





Even a monitor lizard, but our driver refused to stop for us to get a picture. Especially after I said "open the door so we can get a picture", he locked all the doors and drove away.

The first waterfall we tried to find was the Gong Geoh Waterfall.


I took the lead and was able to snap this photo of my friends crossing the suspension bridge.
[Marshall, Robert, Lisa, Al, Lai, Chris].


However, that also put me in the lead to find the snake across the path. But my scream scared it away and I was not able to get a picture.

After all that excitement, all we found was a dried up hill where there should have been a waterfall.

So we went in search of the Haew Suwat Waterfall.


Success!

Another great day trip.