DCDayTripper

Saturday, December 15, 2012

15 Dec 2012 ~ Monogamous

Listening to:   Mazzy Star ~ Blue Light


Last Monday night co-workers and I went to the Chinese Restaurant Monogamous. Who wouldn't want to go with a name like that? They specialize in Sichuan cuisine. Highly recommended to any visitor to HK, not only for an authentic atmosphere but also for exceptional food.



With all the red lanterns I just had to tell the story of us growing up playing cards and razzing my parents about their bedroom "red light".



We ate:

- Xioa Long Bao (Bamboo Steamed Pork Dumplings) - this is actually one food I know how to order!
- French Beans with Garlic
- Stir Fried Crispy Chicken in Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Mau Po Tofu

Here's a link to the website.

http://themonogamouschinese.com/

And to a Review.

http://hk.lifestyleasia.com/features/wine-and-dine/review-the-monogamous-chinese-restaurant-10774

Had a new bird visit my balcony. [Skye is doing well. I've called USDA San Diego to check up on her. She will be flown to San Francisco now on 31 Dec after many many many conversations with the pet relocation company.]



I got my hair cut today. Not that I really needed a hair cut, but I love the 20 minute head massage during the wash/rinse, so I figured, why not get one more before I leave HK? Now I may regret it.

Anyone remember how in 1990 I got my hair cut short and said "Never Again!"?

Well, "Never" has arrived.

I said I only wanted a trim, visually showed how much (not more than an inch), and yet my hairdresser went rogue.

I can't say I hate it but...who's that girl in the mirror?