DCDayTripper

Saturday, August 17, 2013

17 August 2013 ~ Princess Louise (Pub)

Listening to: Jerry Garcia ~ When I Paint My Masterpiece (2/29/80)


I finally had an opportunity to get out and about in London!

I went on a private Historic Pub Tour with Jane. She was fabulous, informative and fun! You can find out more about Jane on her School-of-Booze site.

http://www.school-of-booze.com/who-we-are/jane-peyton-biography

First stop, Princess Louise.

It is located near the Holborn Underground stop. The pub is a classic example of a Victorian public house in which drinking was segrated according to social status, with separate doors to enter based on your "class", and then the interior areas were different also.

Jane took me in the "posh" door...I told her she didn't know me very well.


Since my tour was early afternoon, starting at 1pm - but never too early for pint! - I started off with a lager.


Beautiful craftsmanship.


And stained glass windows.



The front of the bar.