DCDayTripper

Friday, July 26, 2013

26 July 2013~ Calgary ~ Part II

Listening to: Jesse McReynolds ~ Black Muddy River, Rex Benefit, Fillmore, SF, 12/4/2010

(Jesse McReynolds has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry since 1964. I was fortunate to see him play in this performance at the Fillmore.)


In the distance you can see the Olympic Stadium from 1988.



 From the 35th floor of the customer building, one gets a good perspective of the city layout.



 
I ate dinner outside, at the Bow River Barley Mill, which is right across the street from the hotel. I enjoyed reading a book and waiting for my co-worker while sampling the fare.
 
 


To quench my thirst I could not pass up a beer called "Grizzly Paw Rutting Elk Red Ale".


Nor the soup of Guinness, Crab and Asparagus. Yummy...and I'm not a big crab fan. A spicy chicken sandwich was an added bonus.


It was a lovely afternoon.