DCDayTripper

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

9 October 2013 ~ Paris ~ Eiffel Tower

Listening to: Curtis Mayfield ~ Superfly (6/8/1973, The Midnight Special, LA)


I have a few photos from my August London trip I want to share before I move on to Auckland.

One afternoon I took the Eurostar train from London to Paris. It is just over 2 hours, and since I had never been, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to France.


The tour itself was exaggerated, and probably the worst one I've been on overall by the website I use (which I've used a LOT, even since living in Shanghai). Mostly drive-by touring from the bus.

Here is the opera house.


And the plaza.


I tried to get some statue pictures along the way.


But the main purpose of my day trip was to have a champagne lunch on the Eiffel Tower restaurant. And that did not disappoint!


Lunch was followed by a boat cruise along the Seine River. This bridge architecture reminded me of the Memorial Bridge in Washington DC, which in fact I believe it was fashioned after.


A few other interesting statues along the way.


The gold in this picture represents an eternal flame in memory of Princess Diana, as this is the entrance to the tunnel which she was killed.


And finally, me in front of the Eiffel Tower in the park.