DCDayTripper

Sunday, September 28, 2014

28 September 2014 ~ Duke's Hotel

Listening to: Elvin Bishop ~ Honest I Do

I had tickets to see Elvin Bishop at the Berkeley Freight & Salvage but was unable to go since I'm traveling, so I'm listening to a few tracks off the internet.

I went to the Duke's Hotel in London on Wednesday night at the suggestion of a co-worker.


The sunset over Bridge over Thames was beautiful as I walked to the train station. By the way, I LOVE the train service here (except for last night when the track switch was broken, but I easily caught a bus and could walk the extra way...and the station attendees are very friendly and helpful).



The interest in checking out the Duke Hotel is the Ian Fleming - aka James Bond - Martini Bar. The servers are all dressed in white suit jackets - very formal. They don't take reservations nor can you add your name to a list, but the head waiter seems to know what's going on and will seat you as tables become available. Very posh.

It's also on an obscure off-street but I found without too much trouble with citymap gps.


They bring the drinks and fixings out on a cart right to your table.

They also serve a small bowl of olives and crackers.

I ordered the Tiger Tamaka Martini, in the forefront. Marshall and Robert also imbibed with me.




 Leaving the hotel we strolled by a building with this Chopin sign.