DCDayTripper

Monday, December 29, 2014

29 December 2014 ~ Moyo

Listening to:  David Bowie ~ Rebel, Rebel

After a day a shark cage diving (watching) we went to a restaurant in walking distance of our house called Moyo.


I ordered a vodka cherry drink.



Jared had his face painted while we had cocktails.


CJ did not. I did not take this picture by the way, so I cannot even apologize that it's blurry. I was also in the original picture, but I looked like a fun house mirror picture so I cut myself out.



We started off with a mixed appetizer platter. This was the Roots Platter, consisting of: Cameroonian beef suyu, crocodile tail pies, calamari dovi, potato and pea samosas. Definitely my first time knowingly eating crocodile.


We brought our own wine for dinner. The hippo logo is so cute for the name, and the wine was not bad.



It went well with my meal of karoo lamb and chickpea tangine (Karoo is a semi-desert natural region of South Africa and tangine is a spice).


Chris and Marshall ordered the kebabs.




The menu also tempted us with warthog, ostrich and oxtail dishes.