DCDayTripper

Saturday, July 25, 2015

25 July 2015 ~ White Plains, NY

Listening to: Amy Helm ~ Rescue Me


Work has brought me to White Plains, NY. Only an hour north of New York City, it seems to be a nice town.

Although it's hot, around 95, the humidity is low. But hotter than I'm used to. I did go for a walk late this afternoon.

At a nearby park, there is a monument to the Soldiers, Sailors and Marines of World War 1.


I took a refreshing break at the fountain. The flags are flying at half mast at the directive of NY Governor Andrew M. Cuomo in honor of the victims of last week’s shooting at the Navy Operational Support Center in Chattanooga, TN.



This clock/building caught my attention.



This statue is to honor the soldiers from White Plains who died in service during the Civil War, 1861-1865.

An interesting weather vane found in the middle of the park.