DCDayTripper

Thursday, July 09, 2015

9 July 2015 ~ Chicago Beers

Listening to: Danielle Nicole ~ Wandering Heart

I tried two local Chicago beers over the weekend, and one from Michigan.

Argus - The brewery is located in the historic Joseph E. Schlitz distribution stables, dating back to the early 1900’s. Two large terra cotta horse heads on the parapet still identify this unusual building, which once housed the Schlitz horse teams and carriages. Described as "tough and sometimes unruly", it depicts the rugged south side of Chicago.

Daisy Cutter - Produced by Half Acre Beer Company, the web page boasts "Our story begins with boat loads of optimism, is rooted in the naive, and full of piss & vinegar."

Mad Hatter - First sold to the public in 1998 this was a well-balanced American IPA is uniquely brewed with an English twist, meaning not a hoppy bomb.


The hotel had some trippy wall art. No matter how many photos I took of this one, it always turned out differently, but this is my favorite.


This was a cool image of the iconic Marina Towers. I'm told this is also referred to as "corn cobs", which I really don't see. I do see colored rolls of ribbons. All in the eyes of the beholder. Usually I just refer to it as the "Jetson's Parking Garage building".