DCDayTripper

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

11/2/06 ~ Heading to Tokyo

On the Rio: Big Maceo ~ Why Should I Hang Around

I've already been back in Shanghai about a month, so tomorrow I am going to Tokyo, Japan for the weekend. A friend recommended seeing a Sumo wrestling match, which I actually would have been into, as I do watch them occasionally here on tv, but alas, the Championship match was in September. Check back for the newest Daytripper adventures.

Here are the final mosaiculture photos:

Fisherman on Horseback: The exhibit presents to the viewers the old tradition of fishing by means of a gigantic horse still in existence in Koksijde. One can admire the fisherman on horseback. While they drag their nets through the shallow waters of the sea in order to catch the delicious grey crabs. What a unique spectacle. [And again I was lucky enough to capture a mother/child posing.]



Affection: Elephants are incarnation of bliss and health in China. At the sight of this harmonious and close-knit elephant family at the Shanghai Zoo (which I have not been to) people will be impressed with the ideal of peaceful homeland, and the concept of return to nature.

Romance of a Millenium: The exhibit built around the romantic theme of Chinese traditional legend Lady White, represents the chance encounter between Goddess Lady White and the imperial scholar Xuxian at West Lake (which is in the city of Hangzhou I visited a couple weeks back). The viewers are thus brought to a realm where the reality melts with fantasy (sounds like a Tidal Rage) and classics rejuvinated in romance.