DCDayTripper

Thursday, November 03, 2011

3 Nov 2011 ~ Food & Games

Listening to: Johnny Cash & Bob Dylan ~ Just A Closer Walk With Thee ~ 2/18/60, Studio Recordings, Nashville, TN

Found a great local place for lunch. My co-worker Danny took me there. I took pictures of my lunches on my cell phone so I can go by myself and order what I want. One of my favorites is Singapore Noodles (it's spicy with hot red peppers):


Another is Chinese Beef (add a little chili pepper and it's perfect):

It may seem lame, but I've been playing my own version of the game Bananagrams. It's a good way for me to stay out of trouble (ha ha) and not look at a computer monitor or TV screen. Instead of "peeling"one new letter when I've used mine up, I take 10 new letters. I can't draw again until I've used up those 10. It's a high-end scrabble game, except you can move letters around. I've played twice and both times I've been able to use all 214 letters. Here are the outcomes:



I brought a few jigsaw puzzles along as well.

I signed a lease for an apartment today so more on that once it is stamped and finalized.

Moving Skye here is proving to be quite the ordeal. Now I'm told the USDA requires an export permit because she is a rare type of lovebird which will take 2 months!!! For such a little bird, she's causing elephant size problems. But we will persevere.