DCDayTripper

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

8 Nov 2011 ~ Hong Kong Park ~ Part III

Listening to: David Gilmour ~ Then I Close My Eyes ~ 3/11/06 Hamburg, Germany

It's been a busy week and it's only Tuesday evening! In between teaching my class, preparing and executing demonstrations for our new customer, I've managed to sign up for a Hiking Group, a Kayaking Group, sign a lease on an apartment, set up the gas, cable and Internet providers. Also, my visa came through yesterday (! yeah !). More on all of that to follow.

Back to HK Park....I really enjoyed the aviary. Especially with the delay of Skye's arrival here.

There are about 600 birds in the aviary representing 80 species indigenous to "Malesia", such as a Black-capped Lory


Maroon-breasted Crown Pigeon


Pinon Imperial Pigeon


But I apparently was the highlight, as some mainland China visitors came up to me with their camera, not for me to take a picture of them...but for them to have their picture taken with ME! This happened to me while I was traveling around China, but I was extremely surprised it happened here in Hong Kong, because there is large population of gweilo (foreign devils - although today it is not supposed to have a racially derogatory meaning, but simply refers to Caucasians without a negative connotation).

I also got bit by something on my arm that caused a huge golf-size bump, but after hydrocortizone and benedryl, mirrored a mosquito bite after 2 days. (Always something!)