DCDayTripper

Monday, June 18, 2012

18 June 2012 ~ Grand Palace on Buddha's Birthday

Listening to: David Crosby ~ Music Is Love

On the way to work Friday I came across this poster advertising a night of Reggae on Saturday night at Pier 7, in Central, which is about a 20 minute walk from my flat.

I was extremely excited.



But much to my dismay, when I got there at 10:30, there was no activity. So I went to a nearby bar for a drink, came back at 11:30, and still no one was there! A group of 4 people also had just arrived, and we were quite disappointed. Not sure why there wasn't any music playing at least....

*********************************************************************************

I just happened to be at the Grand Palace on Buddha's Birthday, 28 April. Cannot believe how time is flying.

There was lots of activity.


The first video is the scene while I was sitting in the shade taking a break.

http://youtu.be/dleYgl5rrKM


The second video is outside a prayer hall.

http://youtu.be/TRgjhOTR3Sw

Here is my co-worker's aunt with the guard.