DCDayTripper

Saturday, July 21, 2012

21 July 2012 ~ Middleton to Chicago

Listening to: The Jezebels ~ Rosebud (Prisoners)


It was really great to be able to see and catch up with friends.

Had a nice family dinner at the Chiaro's in the backyard. My how Lilly and Lucy have grown.


After dinner we went to Madison to the Barrymore to hear Billy Bragg's tribute to Woody Guthrie's 100th birthday. Fun times!

When I finally got to Chicago (I was scheduled on Amtrak but I had to take a bus from Columbus to Milwaukee and then a commuter train to Chicago) I met up with Haleh. We sat on the riverfront outside the hotel.


And were treated to a rainbow.



Work surprised us with a boat booze cruise on Lake Michigan. It was great to see co-workers I haven't seen in a long time. And the views were spectacular.