DCDayTripper

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

31 July 2012 ~ Korean Food

Listening to: Johnny Cash ~ In My Life (The Beatles): Contributing Artist - American IV (The Man Comes Around)


Happy Birthday!



I didn't have the opportunity to eat a lot of Korean food. In fact, I only went out for one real meal - lunch - with my coworkers.

We all tried something different.

Danhobakbap: Pumpkin with rice.


Ssam Bap - Wrapped Rice



BBQ Pork with Mushrooms, Broccoli and Greens - served with Kimchi and Dongchimi (Water Kimchi)


Then we needed a dessert fix.

Can anyone guess what these are?


They are the featured menu item at Dunkin Donuts known as Monkey Bananas. They come in various flavors, for example, from left to right: Green Apple, Strawberry and Chocolate.

I did not have the courage to try them, although they come in value packs of 5 or 10. Instead I opted for a glazed donut. Dunkin Donuts are not in Hong Kong. In fact, it's extremely difficult to find any donut here, although you can find muffins and cookies (I smell Mrs. Fields every day I take the train home from the office but I have not ever stopped.)

The other item I found interesting was the Red Bean Green Tea Frappuccino at Starbucks, the one in the picture on the left. I saw several people enjoying them, but again, I was too skeptical to try, especially at KRW 6800 (or about $6.50 US).




One night dinner consisted soley of Cold Stone Creamery. I had mint chocolate chip. (We don't have these in HK either).


When I got back to my hotel room I had turn down service snacks of Ginsing Jelly, Sesame Rolls and Dried Fruit.