DCDayTripper

Sunday, August 26, 2012

26 August 2012 ~ Wangfujing Part 1

Listening to: Johnny Nash ~ I Can See Clearly Now


I was in Beijing as an instructor for a training class so I could not post on this blog for the past week - all Google sites are blocked.

Arrived late on Sunday night so ordered room service of spring rolls and spicy beans with minced pork.



I woke up to a smoggy day but could see a few people doing Tai Chi.

 
As well as a nice fountain view.


Class kept me busy but Monday night was able to go to the Wangfujing Snack Street, where kebab, noodle and soup stalls fill a narrow alley.


Meet the "chef".


 Yanjin Beer was a must to wash down the spicy food that was ordered,

 
 
which consisted of beef and chicken kebabs (with red pepper and cumin) and fresh squid in olive oil.