DCDayTripper

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

5 Sept 2012 ~ Skye Antics

Listening to: The Reflections ~ Summer Days


The pipe under my bathroom sink burst this morning while I was having coffee and reading work email. It sounded like it was raining, but when I looked outside, sunny skies. Then I thought a hose was being sprayed on my deck, so I headed towards the bedroom window. I realized then the sound was coming from the bathroom and ..... whoooshh   ....... water water everywhere!

I found the valve to turn off the water, and luckily the water did not reach the threshold and come into my living room.

To think if I had not been home, my entire house would have been massively flooded!

My landlord sent a plumber this afternoon and put in a new pipe and faucet head. I was working from home this week, so no work interruption, thank goodness.

Speaking of working from home, I'm having a blast listening to the Grateful Dead vault and playing with Skye.

I bought portable door screens (with taint pictures of Tweety Bird), so when the weather is nice I can still leave the doors open and her fly around.

She just loves any kind of cardboard box, no matter where I put them. Every single one becomes her nest. I have actually started shopping with cardboard packaging in mind!









I also bought her this "snuggy" which at first she didn't like, but as you can see, it's now her "vacation home".




Happy Lovebird!

http://youtu.be/9bXf-jOlkuM