DCDayTripper

Friday, March 01, 2013

1 March 2013 ~ Bangalore

Listening to: Here We Go Magic ~ Hands in the Sky

Apologies for the delay in posting. I flew back from India on the 22nd - a grueling 22 hours on 2 flights. Then I did a Clue Race in San Francisco with some co-workers. Slept in on Sunday. Monday - Wednesday I was at a Customer site. And now I'm in Utah at a ski lodge with 7 co-workers. No, I don't ski, but it's fun hanging at the lodge. Stay tuned for pictures of those events.

But for now, back to India.

I did a daytrip through the city of Bangalore. We started off at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden.




Greeted by some dwarfs in front of a flower clock.



And a statue.

 
 
The flowering trees were beautiful.
 
 




After the park my guide took me to the Bull Temple. This bull was found in 1587 but no one knows when it was carved.

We had to take off our shoes to go into the temple, which I'm used to, but this was the first place where the entrance was splattered in bird droppings, so it was kind of gross.


Outside the temples are a lot of large bats hanging in trees. I was surprised to see them in the daylight.