DCDayTripper

Friday, August 23, 2013

23 April 2013 ~ Black Friar Pub

Listening to: Jimmie Dale Gilmore ~ My Mind Has A Mind of It's Own (7/14/1991, Slims, SF)


Last pub of the tour was The Black Friar.




Here is some history.


I tried the Old Engine Oil Porter, although the Flying Scotsman was tempting.


 
The interior was beautiful, with marble, and classic sayings such as "Silence is Golden" and "Wisdom is Rare". The food looked good as well, so maybe I need a return trip before I leave. 
 


And a very ornate ceiling reminding me of a monastery.


Upon leaving, there was a coach with girls either in a wedding or having a bachelorette party (or known in England as "Hen" parties! because the ladies just cackle the entire time!). Maybe they partners of the guys on the "stag" party I saw at the previous pub.