DCDayTripper

Friday, March 21, 2014

21 March 2014 ~ Berkeley Rose Garden

Listening to: Floyd Dixon ~ Don't Send Me No Flowers in the Graveyard

I recently did a quick stop by the Berkeley Rose Garden.



The Rose Garden was one of the first Civil Works Progress Projects, and was conceived in 1933 and completed in 1937, and includes the terraced Amphitheatre and a 220-foot-long redwood pergola.

OK, I admit it, I had to look up the word pergola: "a garden feature forming a shaded walkway, passageway or sitting area of vertical posts or pillars that usually support cross-beams".

There are 3000 rose bushes and over 250 varieties of roses, typically in full bloom in May.


And you can't beat the view of the Bay.


This is a reflection off the hood of my car. I just thought it looked cool.


I'll head back in May, if not sooner just to hang out and relax.