DCDayTripper

Friday, March 02, 2007

3/3/2007 ~ Shaolin Kung Fu & Roger Waters

On the Rio: Prince ~ Let's Go Crazy
I went to two very cool events last month in Shanghai.

Prior to the Shaolin Kung Fu show, I stopped for drinks and appetizers in Xintiandi at the TMSK bar. This is the bar made of psychedelic colored glass. Here is the bar seating area.


Shaolin Kungfu gets its name from its cradlelandShaolin Temple on Song Mountain. In common parlance, all the Kungfu around world comes from Shaolin. Shaolin Kungfu is flexible and powerful, plain and simple, accurate and various. The program included:
Eighteen kinds of feats, 13 Buddhist monks help King Qin (Shaolin Legend), Shaolin Rigid Qigong, and Fight at the gate of the mountain.



It's difficult for me to put into words how magical the Roger Waters concert was. It was the same show that we saw in Chicago in September. I was in center row 11, and the stadium held about 9000. People flew in from other parts of China and several of my neighbors flew in from Japan just for the show (so, I'm not the only one who makes special trips for concerts!). Here are several pictures from the concert. I can't wait to see the show again in July at Wisconsin's Summerfest.