DCDayTripper

Friday, November 11, 2011

12 Nov 2011 ~ Moving Day

Listening to: Pink Floyd ~ Any Colour You Like (Dark Side of the Moon Studio Release)

I started moving into my apartment. My lease officially doesn't start until Tuesday (15th), but my landlord was worried about the plants getting watered, so gave me the keys on Monday. This is the beautiful garden I get to take care of and enjoy on my private terrace.



This is not a typical setup for flats in Hong Kong, but I live on quiet street, so I gave up the fantastic view opportunities for some quality outdoor space. It's Saturday morning at 8:30 and I'm enjoying a pot of tea out here. The temp is 70 F and it's party sunny.

The name of my street is Mosque Street, appropriately named because there is a mosque across from me. More on the mosque itself in another post. You can see the mosque (the green building between the trees) in this photo.

Additional views from my terrace. Where the man is walking is my street entrance to the travelator. It will take me about 15 minutes to get all the way to my initial customers office building. Not a bad commute!




Here is the inside of my apartment. It's only 500 sq. feet, but it's well planned. The apartment is partially furnished, in that it came with the major furniture items such as bed, sofa, tv/stand, and one set of dishes. But no pots/pans, floor mats, cooking utensils, etc. so I went shopping (ugh!) at IKEA last night to start getting a few things...at least a small kettle so I could make tea this morning.

I have a nice open kitchen with new appliances. Most kitchens here a like galleyways or closet size.

I've started to put up a few knick-knack items that I brought along.


The cable/Internet guy is coming this morning. I will get 35 "basic" tv channels, which of course as in the USA, worthless. And then I got to pick 3 extra channels, so I picked BBC World News, Discovery (which is actually a 6 channel package) and F/X.




I have a washer/dryer out back as well.

Until next time!