DCDayTripper

Saturday, January 14, 2012

15 Jan 2012 ~ Waiting for Parade Tickets

Listening to: Van Morrison ~    (Astral Weeks)

I got up early on Saturday (6am) to go to the Tourism Board office to get in line to buy Chinese New Year Parade tickets. I was on the Star Ferry by 6:40 and in line by 7am (an hour before the office opened).

At 7:30 they handed out our ticket # and the time we were supposed to come back to actually purchase the tickets. I got ticket #63!!! Tickets usually sell out within the day (as only 1000 are available to the general public and there is no limit to the number you can buy.)

My ticket purchase time was 8:55, so I had some time to kill. Victoria Harbour looking at Hong Kong Island.



Starting to assemble decorations in the square.







Successfully purchased 4 tickets! One of my Workday colleagues is going as well as 2 of my customer team members. Got first row seats in section C1 along the parade route. The parade is on 23 Jan, and I'm planning on taking lots of pictures and hopefully some video for posting.