DCDayTripper

Saturday, March 24, 2012

24 Mar 2012 ~ Tianxiang & Lunch

Listening to: Jimi Hendrix ~ Straight Ahead (First Rays of the New Rising Sun)
Finally stopped for lunch at Tianxiang, Taroko's largest settlement. This resort town is on the edge of the gorge and backed by verdant mountains.


The guide only gave us 30 minutes to cross the river to a six-story pagoda perched on a mountain ridge. So I bolted from the tour bus to climb to the top for some outstanding views. 


Had to cross the bridge.


Full entrance shot and a close up of the details.





Lunch was delicious. Took a picture of the menu so I wouldn't forget. My favorites were the Spareribs in Orange Sauce, Fish in Sweet and Sour Sauce (which actually was not deep fried but broiled - better in my opinion), Fried Prawns and Scrambled Eggs and Braised Pork with Eggplant.

I did eat an oyster...I still don't like them no matter how many times I try them.