DCDayTripper

Saturday, March 31, 2012

31 Mar 2012 ~ Temple & Golden Buddha

Listening to:  Y La Bamba ~ Squawk (Court The Storm)

This is the largest Golden Buddha in Taiwan.


The Samanthababhadra Bodhisattva with ten faces in ten directions.

This photo turned out pretty well considering I had to use the 10 second timer on the camera to I could run from the only nearby ledge where the camera was perched to get in front of the statue in time. It only took 2 attempts.


In front of the temple.


I heard the bells / drum but did not know I would come upon a lone monk in a prayer ceremony in the Main Shrine Hall.


The quality of this video is poor, but I wanted you to hear the sounds more than see the visuals, so I decided to post it anyway. I also didn't want to make a spectacle of myself and was trying to keep the camera low key out of respect.

http://youtu.be/jivvPk5-EP8