DCDayTripper

Saturday, March 02, 2013

2 March 2013 ~ Summer Palace & Tapioca

Listening to: Bob Seger ~ Night Moves

On the way to the Summer Palace we were stuck in traffic, and I was able to observe these bamboo mats being made.


This fruit is an elephant fruit. They are really large and I think would hurt if they fell on your head. They are fibrous with liquid inside, and really only elephants eat them.


Here is the temple at the Summer Palace.


And a more complete picture.


In the Meeting Room. The guide tried to take my picture where the Maharajah would sit, but it turned out kind of blurry.


Outside the temple a man was selling fresh tapioca. My guide and driver had never tasted it either, so we bought some to sample.


It's served covered in sugar and lime. Hard to describe the flavor...I don't think I would buy it again, but if it was served to me I'd probably eat it.