DCDayTripper

Friday, October 18, 2013

18 October 2013 ~ The NZ Customer

Listening to: T Bone Burnett ~ Linda Lou (1984-10-24 Rockefellers, Houston, Texas)


The reason I have this great opportunity to be in New Zealand is all about the customer.

I facilitated and led 2 weeks of intensive design sessions, for a global group of about 30 folks. Exhausting, but what a great group of people to work with.

On Wednesday night we went out to celebrate and I was able to get a few pictures of the "team".

Data Conversion and SharePoint, core team members Mark and Sam.


Representatives from Payroll and HR, from NZ, AUS and UK.


Workday and Customer co-mingling. Kiran, Amanda, Andrew, Nerida and Veruschka. I trained Veruschka in a class in Shanghai last year May, and am so excited to get to work with her.


Shanghai and Cincinnati also represented by Jenny and Peggy.


Project Manager Stephen, Sponsor Sharon and Renee. Renee has a friend from Racine, WI who went to school in Madison, refuses to wear make-up or shoes with any size heel, and likes to drink Vodka. I need to meet her friend. :)



I was so surprised and honored today when during our closing session they thanked me for making very "dry and boring topics interesting", and that even my corny sense-of-humor got us through these sessions. (They were referring to the fact that during my demonstrations there was down time, so one day I brought in a list of knock-knock jokes.)

In addition to the verbal thanks, I also received this bottle of wine....


as well as this gorgeous glass hand-blown bottle stopper. It is known as the Pikorua, a maori symbol with crisscross paths representing a bond of friendship and loyalty, becoming one for all eternity.