DCDayTripper

Saturday, November 02, 2013

3 November 2013 ~ Queenstown Hotel View

Listening to:  Dead Man's Bones ~ Lose Your Soul


I had a beautiful view of Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand's longest lake and third largest. It is surrounded by The Remarkables Mountain Range.


Steamers Wharf was very active, even for a rainy afternoon. Lots of boating activities to choose from, as well as dining/pub establishments.


I did  not go up the Skyline Gondola to the restaurant up top...I didn't think I'd get a very good view in the rain.


I caught a glimpse of this guy on a bike with a tuba.


He did catch up to the rest of his band. I found out it was a jazz festival that weekend, but I don't know if they were part of the acts.



Here is a statue of the "founder" of Queenstown, William Gilbert Rees. He settled near here in 1852 as a sheep farmer.