DCDayTripper

Saturday, October 19, 2013

19 October 2013 ~ Waiheke ~ Part II

Listening to: Bob Marley & The Wailers ~ Give Me A Ticket

From the bus stop I took a stroll down Pohutukawa Avenue. So far the hardest part of living here is knowing how to pronounce the names.



 I'm very interested in learning more about the flora and fauna here, most of which is unique to NZ.



Views of the bay showcase the oyster beds along the shore. I have not had oysters yet since I've been here, as usually when ordered with friends/co-workers they are raw, and I preferred grilled.



What a tranquil view.


 
 
I came upon a really nice moment between a father and son coming in on the boat, getting the tractor, and the son "helping" crank in the boat.



The birds are apparently not short on food supply.


Marshall got directions from a local mate...hopefully our bus will follow some sort of timetable.