DCDayTripper

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

2 April 2014 ~ St Stephens Tavern

Listening to: Elephant ~ Elusive Youth (Sky Swimming - Debut Album)


I arrived in London yesterday (no April Fool's Joke). I am here for a work conference and will be a speaker on Friday.

I didn't have the opportunity to do anything once I arrived at the Park Plaza Hotel yesterday.




But it's in a great location, right off the Westminster Bridge, near the Eye, and Big Ben. So I took these pictures walking from the Westminster Underground Station to the hotel.



I had lunch today at St Stephens Tavern, across from Parliament Square.

 

Nice, class décor inside.


I opted for the scampi and chips lunch. Unfortunately, the "scampi" was more like minced shrimp, so I only ate a few.


Thank goodness for the Badger Sussex Bitter pint I ordered to wash it down.


Tried taking this selfie with Big Ben in the background. Not used to the camera phone, but I was smiling on the inside.